NEW YORK, September 7, 2023 — Kyndryl (NYSE: KD), the world’s largest IT infrastructure services provider, today released its first Corporate Citizenship Report. The report provides details on the company's progress across three pillars — the Environment, Our People and Communities, and Trust — articulating the company’s commitment to address environmental, social and governance priorities, while also building long-term value for stakeholders.
“As a purpose-driven company, we’ve committed to operate at the heart of progress, where innovation, environmental stewardship and social impact converge,” said Martin Schroeter, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Kyndryl. “We know we can make a positive impact with our employees, and on our communities and environment, to deliver a more inclusive and sustainable future. We’re also proud to be working with our customers to help them achieve their environmental, social and governance goals.”
As a purpose-driven company, we’ve committed to operate at the heart of progress, where innovation, environmental stewardship and social impact converge. We know we can make a positive impact with our employees, and on our communities and environment, to deliver a more inclusive and sustainable future.
Below are the pillars of Kyndryl’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) program, including highlights of its achievements to date:
The Environment. The company’s sustainability program focuses on reducing its environmental impact and helping stakeholders meet regulatory, customer and investor requirements. Since its inception, Kyndryl:
- Committed to achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040 and aims to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Developed its scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas baseline and committed to validating its net zero targets through the Science Based Targets initiative.
- Built a responsible supply chain program aligned with the Responsible Business Alliance and EcoVadis standards.
Our People and Communities. Kyndryl’s people and social strategy focuses on building a diverse and highly skilled workforce with the underlying goal of becoming an employer of choice. Kyndryl:
- Established The Kyndryl Way culture that is based on collaboration, mutual responsibility and excellence. As a result of its commitment to its employees, the company achieved a 75.5% engagement score — above industry benchmarks — which demonstrates the level of employee commitment, passion and connection to Kyndryl.
- Launched more than 70 Kyndryl Inclusion Networks to support an inclusive, equitable culture.
- Focused on training and upskilling its talent. In fiscal year 2023, Kyndryls completed an average of 98 hours of training per employee and received over 35,000 hyperscaler certifications – a 100% year-over-year increase.
Trust. Kyndryl’s trust and governance strategy focuses on maintaining a world-class, diverse Board of Directors, and helps to ensure the company’s employees operate ethically every day. The company also implemented rigorous practices for data privacy and protection.
- 50% of Kyndryl’s Board of Directors are gender, racially and/or ethnically diverse.
- Kyndryl launched its Human Rights Policy and established policies to govern corporate behavior around labor, health and safety, community engagement, and to address modern day slavery risks — setting a high standard for human rights in all countries where the company operates.
ESG reporting within Kyndryl’s Corporate Citizenship Report aligns to the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures frameworks, as well as the Global Reporting Initiative. Kyndryl also aligns its programming to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals — 17 connected goals to address climate change, improve health and education, reduce inequities and inspire economic growth.
In 2023, Kyndryl submitted its first CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) Climate Change questionnaire to outline its environmental performance. The company also received an EcoVadis Silver rating in its first full fiscal year, placing Kyndryl in the top 25% of all participating companies.
To learn more about the company’s progress, visit Corporate Citizenship at Kyndryl.
Kyndryl (NYSE: KD) is the world’s largest IT infrastructure services provider, serving thousands of enterprise customers in more than 60 countries. The company designs, builds, manages and modernizes the complex, mission-critical information systems that the world depends on every day. For more information, please visit www.kyndryl.com
Kyndryl Press Contact