Societal progress starts with connected physical infrastructure.
That’s the core belief of one multinational infrastructure consulting company. As industry leaders in transportation design, facilities design, green design and environmental engineering, the company’s vision for the future was clear—to apply its talents to create opportunity for individuals and make the world a better place.
All they needed was a boost from modern technology to get there.
But the company was facing significant risk, outages, and business impact due to servers that had reached end-of-support status.
• Aging hardware reaching end of support
• Reliability and availability issues
• Capacity and performance issues
• Operating system compatibility limitations
• Oversized data center footprint and costs
Together, the infrastructure consulting leader and the Kyndryl team worked to refresh, consolidate, and virtualize the company’s physical and virtual servers around the world. Over the course of three years, we performed data center discovery, deployed virtualization hosts and clusters, and modernized the company’s servers with the goal of removing as many physical servers as possible.
Kyndryl modernization and virtualization services included:
• Logical and physical datacenter discovery
• Cluster, application, and service consolidation
• Virtualization host or a small cluster for large or critical offices
• Server migration, virtualization, or rebuild
• Data center server and storage platform modernization